Perspective Table View Won't Fill the Entire Cell

Hi All,

I’m working in Perspective, 8.0.16.

I have a Perspective table that is displaying a view in each cell. I’m unable to get the view to completely fill the cell, however. As you can see, the views are not reaching the edge of the cell, and the cell’s background color (pink for clarity) is still showing through on the top, left, and right of the cell.

The view is a Flex view, is big enough to fill the cell area, and has no padding or margins set on it. I also don’t have any styling set on the cells that would cause this. Is this expected behavior?

Thanks.

I’m going to break this down into pieces:

A: cell background is visible around instanced views.

• This is a known issue and we have a ticket in place already to address this behavior.

B: The instanced View exceeds the space provided by the cell

• Without seeing the configuration of the other View AND the Table it’s hard to say, but I’m inclined to believe this might just be a configuration error within the Table component. Could you provide a screenshot of the columns property for at least one of the columns? Is there any chance you could supply the View being used within the cells?

If this is all heavily tag-driven I might not be able to help too much because it’s very difficult to mock data when I don’t know the expected structure.

I’m not able to replicate this locally, but it could entirely just be attributed to the configurations we don’t share.

Thanks for the reply. If I’m understanding you correctly, it sounds like my problem fits firmly into Category A: my view isn’t filling up the space within its cell, so the cell background is showing around the instanced view.

I’m happy to share more information, but isn’t this the expected behavior until the bug is fixed?

If the background around your instanced view is the only concern, then you don’t need to do anything further because we’re already aware. I thought you were claiming that your instanced view was not fully displayed, in addition to the background color being visible around it.