Perspective Table

Will there be a way to highlight a row.
I know you have a new table coming out just curious.

1 Like

Me too Iā€™m trying to manage the onselect or mouseclick event and columns customization like ā€˜translation listā€™ in vison module, but Iā€™cant

Hi,

Yes, you will have the ability to enable row highlight on mouse over. There will also be single and multi interval selection highlighting for rows and columns. We appreciate your patience with the new table component, it should be out shortly. Weā€™ve added many new and exciting features, and with that would like to ensure performance remains optimal.

-Yousuf

If I want to use an event or other way to pass a specific value of selected row to a parameter, can i do now?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay. Iā€™m not sure I completely understand your question, but Iā€™ll do my best. With the current table there is no way of passing data that might be triggered by an event on the table. However, with the new table, you will be able to obtain the selection data as JSON and do with that as you please. Additionally, you will be able to pass edits and associated data to a planned extension function. There are many other features included in the new table, which will replace the current table in Perspective entirely. We hope to release the new table very soon.

Hope that helps.

-Yousuf

1 Like

Can you tell me how the delete button is done in the demo project? My guess is its a view in the cell, and that view is passed in the row number or something?

Hi,

It was a bit of a workaround to get it to work. However, itā€™s irrelevant now since the new Perspective table component is now available. You should be able to perform this operation more easily now.

-Yousuf

The table component was recently overhauled. Please see this post for more details.

Hi, iā€™m having some issues to customize my Perspective Table.
Iā€™m able to customize the text font, the background color of the cels, etc, however, i canā€™t change the text align, iā€™ve changed in differents syles props and it keeps align on the right.

I believe the alignment of the content of each cell is dictated by the columns property of the table. Once you create a column element for each column in your table, you can set the ā€œjustifyā€ property of the column to align the content of each cell in that column:

FYI, the header of the column has its own ā€œjustifyā€ property under the columnā€™s header object that you may want to adjust as well.