Perspective View - Background Color Beyond View Limits

I am building a project in Perspective with a simple navigation menu to the left of several different views. These are built to a total width of 1920.

I have several 4k displays which are displaying a white bar to the right of the views - is there a way to grow the entire view beyond the default width? I have everything in flex containers and components are scaling properly as the window is resized. I have the flex containers set to stretch. Adding additional default width does not remove the white bar - even if this cannot be used can this be defaulted to a specific background color?

Can you show us a picture?

The main page view will always stretch to fit entirely within the viewport, so I’m not sure what would be causing your white bar, unless you have a right margin set?
+1 for a screenshot

Unfortunately I’m not getting this issue on my display or when pushing to a 4K through Windows.

What I have found is this is consistent when I open a session on a Chromium browser, either here with a smart TV or using Android media players.

Here I have removed components obviously - the docked (yellow) is locked at 250, the primary view (green) is a flex container. There are no entities on the right edge.

Have you tried using chromium dev tools to inspect the element in question?

I’ll have to dig to see if there are any tools or extensions available - this photo is from a native smart TV browser which has no inspection available.

My media players are from Navori Systems and program through their software which pushes to their ‘Navori Engine’ app which is unfortunately locked down.

I believe someone had a similar problem before with smart tvs not using (the ‘newest’ version) of chromium.

you’ll have to look up the browser it is using and the related feautures it has and if it has any (webkit or similar) workarounds

check this site on your tv

1 Like

Can you paste the json of that view or views? Shift+right click on them and copy json

I have run that test before when using these systems - they are an older Chromium variant but there were no appreciable misses, as I recall the only limitations where in the ‘Security’ section.

JSON - Navigation/Dock:

{
  "custom": {},
  "params": {},
  "props": {
    "defaultSize": {
      "height": 1080,
      "width": 250
    }
  },
  "root": {
    "meta": {
      "name": "root"
    },
      "direction": "column",
      "style": {
        "backgroundColor": "#FFFF47"
      }
    },
    "type": "ia.container.flex"
  }
}

JSON - Primary ‘View’ (Flex Container):

{
  "custom": {},
  "params": {},
    "defaultSize": {
      "height": 1080,
      "width": 1670
    }
  },
  "root": {
    "meta": {
      "name": "root"
    },
      "direction": "column",
      "style": {
        "backgroundColor": "#FFFF47",
        "overflow": "hidden"
      }
    },
    "type": "ia.container.flex"
  }
}

Additional info - browser scores quite well through HTML5test - the only category missing from basic display is JPEG-XR support. I have a few ancillary features missing (H.265, Speech Recognition, Geolocation, Web Payments) but nothing I would think that would impact this.