Perspective XY Chart Tool Tip / Data Labels

Good Afternoon,

I am trying to figure out if there is a way to include string values from a data set in the tool tips or Data labels of an XY Chart. I have a dataset being queried from a SQL DB that includes weight values from an inline scale along with the product name and product ID of the currently selected product. Ideally It would be nice when hovering on a data point to include the Product Name in the Tool Tip as well as the Weight for that point. I could not locate any information in the AM chart docs about if it was possible to reference other fields for the tool tips. Other options for displaying Product name also would be helpful. Worst case I could just plot the numeric ID on a different X axis and hide the line but this is not very user friendly since they would need to manually cross reference the ID number ot get the meaningful name.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi, I know this is an older post, but I’m trying to figure out how you got the markers for each data point to display. I’m sure I’m missing something obvious, but can you post a sample of the properties you set up to make those show up? Thanks.

Had to go back and look myself since its been a little bit… in the series properties its buried in the line properties. Hope this helps!

How did you get the data from the chart into the tool tip?