Perspective - XYChart tooltip not visible

Perhaps I'm just misunderstanding the component, but under the Series section of my XYChart props, it has a Tooltip section. I assumed this tooltip would be for hovering over that series, it will tell you the exact value of that point in the line.

However, this does not appear to be the case. No tooltip shows up.

But if I enable bullets, and the tooltip for them, a tooltip shows up exactly how I want it to. But now the line is much thicker than needed because of the bullets (the points are very close together/overlapping). I tried setting the bullet size to 1, 0, 0.1 to shrink them, but none worked.

What is the proper way to get the tooltip to appear when hovering over the line, without bullets enabled?

Set the bullet transparency to 0. I set it to 0.1 or 0.2 on some of my apps.

Make the bullet size large enough that it can be easily found by the mouser. This will give an invisible but large hover target for each point.

That works exactly how I want it to.

But I would still like to know what that first tooltip option controls.

props.series.n.tooltip works for series.n.render : column but not for series.n.render : line (where n is the series number).

If you think that this could be made more obvious (by hiding the option when not rendering as a column) I would agree. It took me a while to figure out.

You may be interested in some other details I figured out.