Phantom Designer Sessions

Hi,

My designer says that there is another user editing this project, but the gateway disagrees. Wondering if I need the preacherbot from Futurama to come perform an exorcism on my PC. Any other way of fixing it?

Is this a known issue? Would like to know if there is anyway to fix it.

I can’t find any open issues that sound like this. What version of Ignition are you using?

Experienced this on collaboration projects across a range of Ignition versions, dating to Ignition 8.0.15. Restarting the Gateway will remove ghost users.

my college had this too the other day that i was “logged in”. But i wasnt (nothing in the background running either). When i did log in myself he saw me twice. Restarting designers didnt help, gateway did tho. v8.1.10 Tho it happend before too i cant remeber what version that way.

Wasnt to much of a problem

1 Like

i am having this issue in 8.1 as well. I am suspicious that this may be affecting saves from my actual user. Gateway is in production. Has anyone found a way to fix this that doesn't involve full restart of the gateway? TIA

Jumping on here just to keep the attention up.
This is an issue for my site presently running 8.1.32.
We have a redundant gateway so no biggie restarting, it is still not ideal though

@Kevin.Herron - Seems to be a thing - will see if our network team can find anything along the lines of what pturmel mentioned here.

it is of note, that in my testing, it is only the WiFi-based connexions that are experiencing this phantom issue due to the websockets being decomissioned at the router's discretion. hardwired stations don't seem to have this issue, or at least the window for websocket uptime is longer than 2hrs versus the 30mins for WiFi connexions.. but this is VERY MUCH a router-centric issue, as far as i can deduce. so check with your hardware people and make sure there isn't some in-built feature that does this. i'm pushing for Mikrotik, because they're the best damn thing out there.

2 Likes