Pie Chart with parameters

Hello,

I’m trying to just make a simple pie chart in the reporting program with three values (up time, static time, and down time). I have all these values being calculated using expression tags. I can import them into the data of the report as a parameter, but I can’t figure out how to inject them into the pie chart.

Thanks for the help

NVM I just ported the tags to my database and then ported them into the Pie chart. Unless someone has a better way of doing it?

That when I would use scripting to add a manually-constructed dataset with the one row.

Could you give me an example or point me to an area that has an example? That would be more efficient than what I have now.
Thanks for the help

There are the “toDataset” scripts: https://support.inductiveautomation.com/usermanuals/ignition/index.html?system_dataset_todataset.htm

You just need to figure out when to run them: on a tag trigger, on a gui timer, … You can save the dataset to a custom memory tag, or directly put it on the table too. The first will run on the server, the second on the client. So if the table is opened seldomly, a gui-timer and writing it directly to the table might be best. If it’s open constantly, on multiple clients, it will be better to calculate the table on tag triggers.

1 Like

See the section on “Script Data Source” in the user manual’s Scripting in Reporting page.

1 Like