PLC input to table

I have an input from a plc set up as a tag with a boolean datatype so when I press a button it changes from a 0 to a 1. I want to set it so when you push the button it pulls up a certain “customer” from a table and either just displays their name address etc or brings it up and lets me edit it in another window. How might I go about doing that?

It sounds like you just want to create a Client Tag Change Script, that then opens a window with the system.nav.openWindow function.

When opening a window, you can pass in the user that you want to view by adding a dynamic property on the root container of the target window, and then passing a value with your open call. You didn’t mention how you would be selecting the user, but in that tag change script you could grab the user id from a tag, the database, etc.

Hope this helps,

I would be selecting the user based on the ID column. So I would want to go into the other room push the button come out and see a new window that says “Joe Crane New Vegas 7872039”

I am just not very good with scripting so I don’t really know how to do the tag change scripts and such. :blush:

Maybe you should give us a call at (800) 266-7798 and press 2 for tech support. Our reps can assist you with this.