PLC using Logix Driver goes "Idle"

No it will be in 8.1.4.

Reading through the posts, it sounds like the initial driver update for 8.0.17 (Oct 2020) didn’t completely solve the issue. A couple of weeks ago you posted an updated driver download for Ignition 8.1.x. Is there an updated driver for 8.0.17? We have seen this with an L81E on v32.14.

I think the fix just landed in the 8.1.4 nightly build.

Ignition 8.0.x is end of life, there is unlikely to be any more releases for it.

I don’t think the fix applies to 7.9, but if it does it will be back ported into the next 7.9 LTS release.

Ok, thanks. Will the driver posted 14 days ago work on 8.0.17?

I wouldn’t expect it to. It was built for Ignition 8.1.x.

Hi Kevin, I am currently experiencing the IDLE issue in version 8.0.16. I talked to a tech today who said to update to 8.0.17, but It sounds like this issue wasn’t fully resolved in this version. Is the permanent solution to upgrade to 8.1.4? If so, do I also need to upgrade my Logix Driver version (4.0.16) as well? Thank you

Upgrading to 8.1.4 (8.1.6 is now the latest) will upgrade all your modules to the appropriate version at the same time. I don’t think this was back ported to 8.0.x.

(Edit to fix erroneous PLC model)
Reviving this thread for a similar issue.
Ignition (Edge) Version: 8.1.11 (b2021101912)
Logix Driver: 5.1.12 (b2021111810)
PLC: CompactLogix 1769-L36ERM v32
PLC Tag Count <10000 (status words read from PLC generate a total tag database of ~20000).
Device settings are default (concurrent requests, timeout, advanced settings, etc.).

Status / Devices / PLC1 has shows either “Idle” or “Connected”, though usually the latter. Upon entering “Details”, Request Count shows “n/a”. Changing log min level to “Trace” shows a regular (every 5 sec) “ReadBrowseHashRequest”. After about 5 entries, a handful of tag values are read, whereby several more “ReadBrowseHashRequest” entries follow. This loop seems to be terminal.

I temporarily disabled Advanced setting “Automatic Rebrowse”. While the ReadBrowseHashRequest did stop appearing, tags were not regularly placed on-scan (monitored item count remained at “0”).

Disabling and Enabling device manually does not seem to place tags back on-scan. Restarting the driver does not appear to fix the issue. However, rebooting the Edge device entirely seems to fix the issue. Unfortunately, unsure how to replicate the device “Idle” state.

I’ve got a fix coming for the driver going “Idle” after receiving a ListIdentity response with a CIP Security Info item in it.

This is a different problem than originally described in this thread, and it presents in my testing as the driver alternating between Idle and Connected, not permanently getting stuck in Idle.

Don’t disable automatic rebrowse. If you can get a Wireshark capture if/when this happens again that may be useful, along with the loggers mentioned in the previous few posts.