Please wait

Hi,

I just want to let you know that I notice that lately ( since version 4.2.9) I have been getting the Please wait… operation in progress windows when I save, but the windows is not closing it is staying up I have to end task them. I can continue doing something on the Front End and if I save the project again another windows open and stay open.

Any ideas why ?

Thanks

Julio

Hi Julio,

This problem has been reported before, but so far we haven’t been able to track it down. What version of windows are you using? And are you connecting over remote desktop, or using it locally?

Regards,

Hi Colby,

My development system is a VM running Windows XP SP2. and I am using it locally.

Thanks

If you go to Help->Log viewer, are there any messages reported by the frontend that may be related?

Regards,

Colby,
No msgs on the log regarding the front end.

Thanks

Colby,

If this helps in any way it looks like the Please wait is call twice so you close the latest window open. It looks like it happen more often if you save the project and there is no change I have the habit of saving multiple times when I am working during my development even if no change on the project.

Thanks

Julio

Hi Julio,

You’re right on. It does look like it’s opening multiple windows. We’ll get it fixed for 4.2.10.

In the mean time, the best suggestion I can make is to not hit the “Save” button. I know this sounds strange, but the fact is that FactorySQL is designed to save as you go… it saves your changes each time you click off of a group, start/stop a group, etc., so there should never actually be anything outstanding to save when you click the button. A long time ago we didn’t even have a save button, but too many people thought that was strange, so we put one in just for the “feel good” factor.

So, we’ll get it fixed, but you should be able to avoid the annoyance by not clicking that.

Regards,