Carl, thank for the reply. I dont know why it is happening though. Here is what I do know.
- I first of all made my folders, then I added in the proper tag from machine 1 into each folder.
- I then exported this into the csv file.
- I opened the csv file using excel.
- I clicked on the all the way right to highlight the rows.
- I then did the copy and paste and changed the address and the tag name. I am hoping that is all that needed to be changed.
- I then re-imported the csv file
- I then ran the project and all was well.
- The project ran all last week just fine. No problems with the sql tags.
- We had some timing issues with the data being presented at the SQL database. If you check over the forums you will see Colby, S7 and I have been talking about the timing.
- went into work this morning and opened up the programming software for the PLC. I made some changes and downloaded it into two of the PLC;s for testing.
- My apprentice and I went out and ran these two machine introducing faults and other run time events and manually recorded them.
- I then downloaded from the plc the .csv file created on the flash card.
- We did a manual comparison of the manual data and the csv file.
- We then attempted to use the IA software to do some functions on the PLC. That is when we first started getting the red screens of problems.
- Went to my PC and opened up the FPMI. I looked at the SQL tags and that is when I noticed all these extras that were not in there last week. I know this because I keep an eye on these things.
- Went and deleted the extras, this is when I received the parent/child red screen for which I told colby about on the phone and I also had uploaded that to your site…
- From this point it went down hill. This is when I got Colby and Travis on the phone and I think you popped your head in on it as well.
- Thought we got it fixed. The goto meeting was ended and I went to the restroom. On the way back I tried to use the supervisor pc. And it was still messed up. So I went back to my PC and checked and though maybe the project was not saved.
19 Went to save it and noticed all SQl tags were with a green question mark.
20 Called Colby again. Went thru it again this time I think it is working.
21 Not sure why but lost connection to the microsoft SQL server and for some reason PMI would not reattach. It would count down but not re attach.
22 Went to the IT dept and had them get on the server and did a reset from there. When I left work it seemed to be working correctly but I dont know till tomorrow. Will keep you advised.
If the files and data Colby noted provides some insight I would appreciate knowning.
Have a great day.
[quote=“Carl.Gould”]FactoryPMI will auto-increment numbers in tag names in response to tag name collisions. For instance, if you have “Tag1” and try to add another tag named “Tag1” (maybe by copying and pasting it), it’ll end up being named “Tag2”.
I think some of the strange behavior you were seeing was due to the major SQLTags bug that was fixed in 3.1.4 - See the release notes here inductiveautomation.com/foru … php?t=2941[/quote]