PMI remote access settings

I know this was covered in here before but I can not seem to locate that topic section. So my basic question is, I know that you have to enable it somewhere in the local running session of PMI but how do you make it so you can remote log onto PMI to change the project and such. You can either write the directions down or point me to the topic section where this was already covered. Thank you.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to do. Launch the designer over the network to modify a project? Get into the web based configuration page remotely?

Can you open the default launch page in a browser on a different machine?
IP_or_computername:port

If I use the IP address, I can get to the FPMI gateway launch page. If I click on the Project name then it load up the project and asks for the user name and password. All fine so far. But if I click on the configuration tab it say something about account refused or something similar to that. I would try it right now but they have take the server off line temporarily until they get the SQL and such all working properly, plus they are doing some stuff to the other servers in the rack. Anyway that is about all I can tell you right now. If I click on the config button I just get an error. I know from reading here in the forums that there is something that must be done but I am not sure what it is so that is why I am asking how do I accomplish this task so I can get in and change the config and the design. Someone said that when they click on config or design they get a popup that says enter user name and password. I dont even get that.

[quote=“nathan”]I’m not sure what you’re trying to do. Launch the designer over the network to modify a project? Get into the web based configuration page remotely?

Can you open the default launch page in a browser on a different machine?
IP_or_computername:port[/quote]

You might be referring to more advanced network settings with multiple IP addresses and such. If you’re using a new version of FPMI you get a standalone mode option in the settings page of the gateway configuration site. It’s only an option if you’re not using clustering. Enabling this takes care of those details with autodetection.

If you aren’t using clustering (have one PMI machine) ENABLE standalone mode!

I’d need to know more about the specific error to help you troubleshoot beyond that. Could be browser cache, Java version, etc, etc.

Nathan, I think you’re jumping ahead of yourself a bit! I think the answer is much simpler…

mrtweaver: It sound like you have the FactoryPMI Gateway Setup Site: Restrict Connections property checked. This restricts the IP addresses that can access the configuration pages. Log onto the server itself, and that should let you into the configuration page. While you’re there, go to System > Settings, and uncheck Setup Site: Restrict Connections. This will let you access this area remotely.

Hope this helps,

Carl, should have mentioned that - certainly would be the case if he can’t get into the Gateway Configuration Page. Looking back - he did say configuration tab - the sentence before about clicking on the project threw me off.

I thought he was trying to access the designer. Now that I think about it, standalone mode has nothing to do with the designer - only the runtime. But it’s still a good idea.