Polar Plot for Electrical Phasor Diagram

We have several power meters and I would like to create a phasor diagram for these. Has any one created something like this already? I attached an image of what it looks like.Phasor

I’ve seen something like this on the forum, but can’t remember where and my first couple guesses at search terms came up empty. You may have better luck than me searching.

I think the paintable canvas is what you’re looking for here. It’d be fairly easy to create one that shows that circle and a few arrows and text.

One suggestion for that though is make sure you do as many time-intensive scripting outside of the paintable canvas’s repaint() method, that will slow everything down. But if you just feed it a dataset of labels, colors, etc and plot it, it should work great.Then use normal labels and stuff for the top part of that picture.

1 Like

It is talked about in a sample project at

See if that helps!!!

2 Likes

Good find, that’s interesting. I’m just wondering how they did the labels at the end of the arrow in that example. I don’t use the meter component much so I’m not very familiar with it.

That's the one I was thinking of; thanks!

I created the energy meter post linked above. I think I just used labels. The voltage phasors don’t move so their labels remain fixed. Only the current phasors rotate but they don’t have labels.

1 Like

Example window made using Ignition 7.9.6
Polar_796.proj (20.2 KB)

4 Likes

I found this a couple days ago and started modifying it. I made it to the point of adding the current phasors and was pulled off to another project.

Carl Gould Solution

I downloaded the polar project above and tried to import it into V7.9.8 and I get an error parsing the file.

...com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway	31Jan2019 11:49:14	Error parsing project file.
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Premature end of file.

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.parsers.AbstractSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at com.sun.org.apache.xerces.internal.jaxp.SAXParserImpl$JAXPSAXParser.parse(Unknown Source)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.project.Project.hasVersionInfo(Project.java:1309)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.project.Project.hasVersionInfo(Project.java:1295)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.web.pages.config.ProjectUploadPage$1.onSubmit(ProjectUploadPage.java:78)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form$9.component(Form.java:1248)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form$9.component(Form.java:1242)

at org.apache.wicket.util.visit.Visits.visitPostOrderHelper(Visits.java:274)

at org.apache.wicket.util.visit.Visits.visitPostOrder(Visits.java:245)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.delegateSubmit(Form.java:1241)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.process(Form.java:923)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:769)

at org.apache.wicket.markup.html.form.Form.onFormSubmitted(Form.java:702)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)

at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknown Source)

at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)

at org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.internalInvoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:258)

at org.apache.wicket.RequestListenerInterface.invoke(RequestListenerInterface.java:216)

at org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.invokeListener(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:240)

at org.apache.wicket.core.request.handler.ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.respond(ListenerInterfaceRequestHandler.java:226)

at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle$HandlerExecutor.respond(RequestCycle.java:814)

at org.apache.wicket.request.RequestHandlerStack.execute(RequestHandlerStack.java:64)

at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.execute(RequestCycle.java:253)

at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequest(RequestCycle.java:210)

at org.apache.wicket.request.cycle.RequestCycle.processRequestAndDetach(RequestCycle.java:281)

at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.processRequest(WicketFilter.java:188)

at org.apache.wicket.protocol.http.WicketFilter.doFilter(WicketFilter.java:245)

at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.SRFilter.doFilter(SRFilter.java:80)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1668)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:581)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)

at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1160)

at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1092)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:518)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:308)

at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:244)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.ssl.SslConnection.onFillable(SslConnection.java:186)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)

at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)

at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

It looks like you created what I am looking for. I started off by scaling the magnitude with varying lengths of the vectors but yours looks better with fixed lengths.

Tim

I’ve updated the window with 7.9.6