Poll rate on system tags

Good day. I have a weight transmitter that is connected via tcp ip. I wanted to see when its not connected either by powering off or broken cable, etc...

Here is what I have now:

When I power it off the status never changes to 0/1 connected until i refresh the tag list.

I left the unit off for 3minutes and no change. How can I fix this??

What you've shown there is a memory tag. Is it getting a value written to it from somewhere else?

Yes from the device connection I made on the gateway. You can view those tags under the system option from tag browser.

Are you sure the device had actually detected and gone disconnected at the time you were looking at the system tag?

What did the status in the gateway and/or the corresponding OPC diagnostic tag say?

Yeah, I was right beside it testing it. In the gateway where it shows the device connections, it didn't change state either.

Ok, well this is just a common problem with the TCP driver. If you don't set the Inactivity Timeout setting to something non-zero (the default), then you are entirely at the mercy of the operating system's TCP keep alive to detect that connection being lost. This can be on the order of hours.

Alright, I will double check it. I do believe its set to 5000 though. I will update in about 45 mins.

Kevin, I was mistaken. The connection time had the 5000, not the inactivity timeout.