Populating a Tree View

Populating a tree view in Vision is a relatively simple matter by using a SQL binding to a table that has ‘path’, ‘text’, and the other optional columns. In Perspective, the property “items” is a more complex object. Before I go to the trouble of creating a script to populate that object, I was wondering if there was an easier way similar to the method used in the Vision module.

There is currently no automatic configuration of properties based on binding or data type right now. In a more general sense, this type of thing is part of a class of broader improvements we are planning in order to make some components ‘smarter’ in how they handle/provide data to/from various binding sources. Don’t have specifics I can offer, but we’re definitely looking at ways we can improve/smooth the design experience for Perspective. “Smarter” components and bindings are definitely areas we plan to look at in upcoming development cycles.

1 Like

I’m looking forward to those additions. The ease and flexibility of configuration for complex objects is one of the many things that make Ignition a joy to work with.

1 Like