Popup screen object not allowing binding to UDT tag within template property

I have a UDT called OperatorControls. I have another UDT called Motor. There is an instance of the OperatorControls UDT used within the Motor UDT. The parameters pass through so the OperatorControls tags should pull their tag data from the PLC just fine just like the non-udt standard tags within the Motor UDT.

I have a template called HOA which has HOA related buttons. This template has a template parameter of type OperatorControls. I have a popup window called Motor Popup. This popup has a custom property of type Motor. I have an instance of the HOA template on the motor popup. I want to bind the template property of the HOA template (type OperatorControls) to the OperatorControls tag within the popup custom property of type Motor. It won't let me do this. It's acting like the instance of OperatorControls within the Motor UDT is just a folder instead of a tag of type OperatorControls.

Is it possible to bind a custom property to a UDT used within a different UDT? I don't see why you wouldn't be able to. Thanks for the help!

I think the take home here is to never use UDT Type properties in vision graphics (if you do a search in the forum you'll see this advice littered everywhere). Just pass in the tag path to your UDT instances and your life will be whole again :grin:
UDT Type props have way too many limitations