Popup window problems

I currently am having a few issues in which I have linked a popup window to my main window.

By using the “mouseEntered” Event Handler on a label (which is located on my main window), the currently-active window switches from the main window to the popup window that is specified on the “mouseEntered” Event Handler. Conversely, by using “mouseExited,” the program switches view from the popup window back to the main window.

I am having two problems with this:

1. I want my popup window to hover OVER the main window, as opposed to switching the active window from one to the other. Is this possible? To obtain this overlap factor?
  2. The mouseEntered/mouseExited options are extremely finicky, and switch back and forth at an incredibly rapid rate while I am moving my mouse around inside the label. Ideally, the windows would not switch while the mouse is still inside the label, but only when the mouse transitions from inside the label to outside (and vice versa). Any ideas?

Thanks for your help,
Quin Adler

I am unable to replicate this behavior. I created a main window and a popup window. On the main window I placed a label with the following scripts:

mouseEntered:system.nav.openWindow("Window")
mouseExited:system.nav.closeWindow("Window")
What I get is the expected behavior. When the mouse enters the label the popup window appears until the mouse exits the label. Are you accomplishing this task in a different way than me?

Interesting- I was just doing it in the Navigation section, to the far left of the Script Editor. For mouseEntered, I clicked Open and chose the window that I wanted. Same thing with mouseExited.

Your way, using the Python, worked, but now I’m getting a strange message each time I hover over the label. It says:

“Would you like to commit any changes to window ‘Popup’?
Note- this does not save the project.”

I don’t want that to appear every time I hover over the label. Suggestions?

[quote]“Would you like to commit any changes to window ‘Popup’?
Note- this does not save the project.”

I don’t want that to appear every time I hover over the label. Suggestions?[/quote]

Save changes prompt only happens in the designer in preview mode. It will not happen when you have project open in a client

Oh damn that’s embarrassing. Thanks for the help!!