Power chart startpath not working the first time

Hello there,

I’m experiencing an issue with the power chart:
When I add a tagBrowserStartPath to the config property of the power chart, then open the project in a browser, the power chart lists all the available databases, I need to either reload the tags directly from the power chart, or refresh the page, before it actually shows only what I set tagBrowserStartPath to.
Then it works fine, until I close the page, or navigate to another one, then come back to it

Any idea ?

1 Like

Got the same issue here.
Anyone fixed it or got a workaround ?

BR

Same here. I managed to fix this using the trusted insanity trick. Add a script on the PowerChart ‘onStartup’ Event. Set the tagBrowserStartPath property there. Even if you have a binding on the tagBrowserStartPath…set it again with the ‘onStartup’ script. Hence the insanity trick.

Maybe you could get away with just issuing a
self.refreshBinding(“props.config”)…but I haven’t tested this.

Didn’t see that solution when it was posted, and ended up figuring out the same solution, only waaaay later. Would have make things easier if I had not missed it.

I’ll mark it as solution, as it seems this is still a problem and people might find this helpful.

I still have the issue after the fix. If the tagBrowserStartPath binding is to a hardcoded string then it works. But my tagBrowserStartPath is dynamically created as a script in config binding of tagBrowserStartPath and also in the start up event (getting databasename, tagProvider and tagPath then setting the tagBrowserStartPath). In this dynamic creation mode soemtimes it shows fine but sometimes (sporadically) it shows database names on the power chart tagbrowser and then I have to navigate inside the database name to reach the tagBrowserPath destination. When I refresh the tagBrowser inside the power chart then it works.

1 Like

i have the same issue :sob: