Power Table border/extra space

There is a field border around the power table and I am wondering how to get rid of that.

Also, can I change the background color of it to be black? I am using the power table as a dynamic table and the height of it varies. I have it at a set height and when there are not enough rows to fill up the whole height, the extra space is white.

Thanks!

1 Like

Did you ever get an answer to this because I have the same question?

[code]from java.awt import Color

event.source.parent.getComponent(‘Power Table’).border = None

event.source.parent.getComponent(‘Power Table’).getComponent(0).background = Color(0,0,0)[/code]

Thanks very much. I can see that my lack of java skill is killing me.

How does one going about discovering all of the configurable properties of an object? Specifically, properties not exposed to Ignition?

Any way to keep the border change permanent without setting it everytime the window opens?

This topic should help:
Finding all available methods from a component

To do this, I put a button in the same Root Container as the component you want to find the configurable properties for (EX: the Power Table). The code below is on the mouseClicked event for the button and will print all the properties for the Power Table in the console.

object = event.source.parent.getComponent('Power Table')

for x in dir(object):
	print x
1 Like

Great idea, Gina!

Does anyone know how to make the changes permanent? The setting go back every time I open the window.

Just put the scripting that we mentioned on the Vision Window Opened event of the window.

1 Like

Put the code in the initialize extension function of the power table.

I didn’t have any luck putting it in the in the Vision Window Opened event. I tried:

system.gui.getParentWindow(event).getComponentForPath('Root Container.Power Table').border = None

It did work after I used the following code in the initialize extension function

self.border = None

Thanks for the quick responses! :smiley:

1 Like