Power Table Update Query - 7.9.8

Therewas an error in 7.9.7 that was mostly fixed in 7.9.8; however, it’s not 100% fixed. I have a button that, when clicked, alters a table’s dataset. It’s also gives me the following error.

The table does have the a SQL query tied to the Data property, but there is not even an option to update from there. I’ve also set the propertyChange to update a tag, and I’ve un-commented the example in the onCellEdit Extension Function

I had this error before, so I remade the table thinking that perhaps the problem carried over from the previous version (7.9.7) and that fixed it until I closed/reopened the designer. My table is still functioning as expected, but I want this popup to go away…

Anyone else run into this again?

08:28:16.554 [UpdateExecuter 2] ERROR com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager - Error running update query:
"UPDATE tablename
SET columnname = value
WHERE condition"@-1ms
On: MLs_Edit.Root Container.Parts Table.data
com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: SQL error for "UPDATE tablename
SET columnname = value
WHERE condition": You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'condition' at line 3
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:341)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:315)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:268)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.runUpdateQuery(GatewayInterface.java:576)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.runUpdateQuery(GatewayInterface.java:560)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$UpdateQuery.execute(QueryManager.java:624)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$Query.execute(QueryManager.java:657)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$Query.access$500(QueryManager.java:630)
	at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.gateway.QueryManager$UpdateQueryExecutor.run(QueryManager.java:425)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
Caused by: com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayResponse$GatewayThrowable: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'condition' at line 3
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance0(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.NativeConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(null)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingConstructorAccessorImpl.newInstance(null)
	at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(null)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.handleNewInstance(Util.java:411)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.Util.getInstance(Util.java:386)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.SQLError.createSQLException(SQLError.java:1053)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4120)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.checkErrorPacket(MysqlIO.java:4052)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sendCommand(MysqlIO.java:2503)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.MysqlIO.sqlQueryDirect(MysqlIO.java:2664)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.ConnectionImpl.execSQL(ConnectionImpl.java:2788)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1816)
	at com.mysql.jdbc.StatementImpl.executeUpdate(StatementImpl.java:1730)
	at org.apache.commons.dbcp.DelegatingStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingStatement.java:228)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.DelegatingStatement.executeUpdate(DelegatingStatement.java:80)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.datasource.SRConnectionWrapper$SRStatement.executeUpdate(SRConnectionWrapper.java:857)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.RunUpdateQuery.runUpdateQuery(RunUpdateQuery.java:35)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.AbstractUpdateQuery.run(AbstractUpdateQuery.java:37)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.gateway.functions.AbstractDBAction.invoke(AbstractDBAction.java:77)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.servlets.Gateway.doPost(Gateway.java:405)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:790)
	at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.gateway.bootstrap.MapServlet.service(MapServlet.java:85)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:837)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doHandle(ServletHandler.java:583)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:548)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doHandle(SessionHandler.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doHandle(ContextHandler.java:1160)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.doScope(ServletHandler.java:511)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.session.SessionHandler.doScope(SessionHandler.java:185)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ContextHandler.doScope(ContextHandler.java:1092)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.ScopedHandler.handle(ScopedHandler.java:141)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerList.handle(HandlerList.java:52)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:134)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.Server.handle(Server.java:518)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpChannel.handle(HttpChannel.java:308)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.server.HttpConnection.onFillable(HttpConnection.java:244)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.AbstractConnection$ReadCallback.succeeded(AbstractConnection.java:273)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.FillInterest.fillable(FillInterest.java:95)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.io.SelectChannelEndPoint$2.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:93)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.produceAndRun(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:246)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.strategy.ExecuteProduceConsume.run(ExecuteProduceConsume.java:156)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool.runJob(QueuedThreadPool.java:654)
	at org.eclipse.jetty.util.thread.QueuedThreadPool$3.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:572)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(null)

I suspect you’ll have to delete and re-create the binding in 7.9.8 to get rid of the 7.9.7 leftovers, presuming this window was edited at all in 7.9.7.

Hmmm… Well that worked. I swear I had done that before and it worked for awhile, and then started showing the error again. I’ll see how the next few days go.

Thanks.

I’m having the same problem but on a text field object. I have a sql query binding to the text and have the update unchecked. I thought maybe I had a carry over from 7.9.7 as well, but I created a new object from scratch and I still have this problem.

There’s still a few edge cases with this issue; they’re fixed in 7.9.9.