PowerChart's tag browser start path issue

In a PowerChart component I set the config tagBrowserStartPath property.
When loading the component and opening the Tag Browser, I have access to
all the histories and only when I press the update button it shows me only
the paths indicated in the tagBrowserStartPath property.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

Here is another wire about the same issue:

English forum.

Here is the translation:

In a PowerChart component I set the config tagBrowserStartPath property.
When loading the component and opening the Tag Browser, I have access to 
all the histories and only when I press the update button it shows me only 
the paths indicated in the tagBrowserStartPath property.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?

This seems like a bug which hasn't been resolved yet.

1 Like

It seems like we have to wait for the solution.
In the meanwhile, I solved it provisionally doing a refresh action triggered by the PowerChart’s onStartUp event.

1 Like

Just replying to bump this to the top as well. I got around it the same way @m.cornet did, but came searching here for a better solution and didn’t find one anywhere.

1 Like

how did you refresh power chart without using the refresh button @michael.flagler @m.cornet ?
I tried filling in the tagpath via the clearTrendChart script, but it still needs to be refreshed.

I think they’re talking about a page refresh, with system.perspective.refresh(), which does indeed update the power chart, but also triggers the ignition splash screen while the page reloads…
So I just hardcode the path.

A dirty solution, if you don’t have too many possible paths alternatives, would be to create a view for each, with a preconfigured powerchart with hardcoded path, and open the required view depending on whatever it was that was used to evaluate the binding of the powerchart.

Yeah, I was talking about the refresh. Unfortunately for me, I need a dynamic path, and every way I’ve tried to get around it doesn’t work, although it seems that it “works” but is just showing all the providers with only the tags from the path shown and after a refresh, it removes all the providers that don’t use the configured/dynamic path.

Can you update only the Power Chart component without updating the whole page ?

Good morning ,
we use version 8.20 but we always encounter the same problem. Have you found a solution?

We are also seeing this issue. When I am working in the designer and change the parameter that affects the binding on the rag browse start path, it works fine, however in a real browser, we have to click the refresh icon to get the correct folders to appear.

Thanks,

Nick

1 Like

Still having this issue in 8.1.23. Anyone have any updates? I'm using the powerchart on a slideout and doing a refreshBinding on the startup event doesn't seem to work as a bandaid. You have to click the 'refresh' button on the tag browser.