Powermonitor 5000 not giving tags

I am pretty new to a lot of this and I am stuck.

I have a Powermonitor 5000 and have used the Allen Bradly SLC driver after seeing another topic that was having a similar issue with a Powermonitor 1000, I have also tried the MicroLogix driver too. My coworker said he thinks I need to configure the module for OPC servers, but I didnt see that in the manual.

Currently I see the module on ignition quick client, but it only has a diagnostics folder. My current communication protocol is EIP.

Does anyone have any ideas or know if there is a special configuration that needs to be done to get the tags from a Powermonitor 5000?

I didn't read this topic, but perhaps it has something helpful for you.

1 Like

I had read that, I see the guy talks about setting it up as a SLC and reading tags as a register. It not working that way for me. I feel like I am missing something.

Then the other guy talking about scraping is a bit over my head. Thanks for the link though.

My third-party EtherNet/IP module can read the live parameters of such devices, either by polling class/instance/attributes, or by scanning the device like a PLC would. IIRC, that model does not emulate a SLC.

Dude. Completely unhelpful. It isn't an OPC server.

(Are you using ChatGPT or other LLM to generate comments? I've noticed several of yours are oddly unhelpful for the topics they're in.)

1 Like

So I think maybe I haven't explained what I did as there seems to be confusion about what I am trying to do. I will detail it in steps and maybe you guys can point out to me where I messed this up.
-I went to the web based ignition client.
-Under OPC-UA Server I clicker Devices and at the bottom of the list I clicked "Create new Device...:
-Filled out name, description, left enabled checked, put the IP address as the hostname, and disabled processor browse. All other fields were left in their default state.

Does this help?

I understood this from your first post.

Reviewing the user manual, it appears that PLC emulation is present after all, but PLC-5 style, not SLC. See chapter 9 and appendix A.

So, try the PLC5 driver.

2 Likes

I figured out my mistake, I had over looked something in the other post. Thanks for pointing me to the Appendix A though that is thread that helped me getting this to work.

Setting them up as PLC5 just gave me a constant determining protocol issue. So I was playing with it on SLC and it will work but you have to enter the OPC Item Path manually. I had thought the path would be in the Browse OPC list, but it is not. So for example to get the V1 to N reading I entered ns=1;s=[MS_Chiller1_PM5000]F53:3.

1 Like

Let them post their own information.

That's perfectly fine, as long as you understand how it applies to the topic.

That's fine, too. But posting other people's material (or an LLM's output) doesn't help you learn anything, and can mislead others.

3 Likes