Printing and Global changing

I was wondering if these would be prudent request for your FSQL product.

1. A way to print the information in your project. In my case, and I am not saying I done it correctly. But I have 99 folders and in each folder I have 3 block groups. If there was a way to print out the configurations or each folder/group it would make comparing the folders a little easier. Oh and also print out the folders/groups settings, such as is it trigger and by what, is it ASYNC Update, etc…

2. A global way to change settings. Like in this case I have the folders and I have the groups. Lets say I wanted to change all 99 groups with the same name, yes they are under different folders, but change them all from regular scan to ASYNC scan. Or change all groups with the same name, again under different folders, to a different scan rate.

One possible scenario and I am not sure with the way you save your systems files, would be to do like one of your competitors and be able to open the system file with something like Excel, so long as they had some sort of plug in created by you or maybe be the end user. Just some thoughts. If you would like the name of that competitor product just email me and I will let you know. Have a great day.

You can do this already. Just export all of your groups to a csv file, do a seach and replace with your editor of choice, and import them again. I even go so far as to set up “rules” in a sql query that generates the groups for me when I need to change things like scan rates.

1. We don’t have a way to print a summary of FactorySQL groups. Request noted.

2. You can select multiple FactorySQL groups then edit properties, such as the Update Rate, but they must all be in the same folder. The tree view control doesn’t allow multiple selection. I’ll put in a feature request.

2a. The search and replace feature works well with copying/pasting.

2b. Step7’s .CSV import/export works well too.

Martin - please send me an email. I’ll help you get started.

Nathan I did send you 2 emails. However I can not guarantee that they made it thru. I only say that because our email server recently went out of service. The problems started on Thurs and I know that today, Sat Jan 5th, that the IT dept was still in working on the servers. Something about the one drive filled up and now neither that drive nor any of the others in the raid will boot up. So unless by some chance they got it working today I dont know when I will be able to reach out again via email. I also know that whatever killed the mail server is playing havoc with some of our other servers. I am thinking that might be why I am having troubles with KepWare. But time will tell. So consider this also an email to you. Have a nice day.

[quote=“nathan”]1. We don’t have a way to print a summary of FactorySQL groups. Request noted.

1. You can select multiple FactorySQL groups then edit properties, such as the Update Rate, but they must all be in the same folder. The tree view control doesn’t allow multiple selection. I’ll put in a feature request.

2a. The search and replace feature works well with copying/pasting.

2b. Step7’s .CSV import/export works well too.

Martin - please send me an email. I’ll help you get started.[/quote]

Got your PLCTalk PM and the one here. Emails never did make it. I was looking for your contact info, not a token email. Got it! I’ll give you a call.

[quote=“mrtweaver”]Nathan I did send you 2 emails. However I can not guarantee that they made it thru. I only say that because our email server recently went out of service. The problems started on Thurs and I know that today, Sat Jan 5th, that the IT dept was still in working on the servers. Something about the one drive filled up and now neither that drive nor any of the others in the raid will boot up. So unless by some chance they got it working today I dont know when I will be able to reach out again via email. I also know that whatever killed the mail server is playing havoc with some of our other servers. I am thinking that might be why I am having troubles with KepWare. But time will tell. So consider this also an email to you. Have a nice day.
[/quote]