Problem defining a Gateway Memory Tag Dataset

Hi,
I’d like to define a Dataset Memory Tag in the Gateway to be used as the base for a scheduler. I need a TASK Integer coloumn and a DATETIME Date column. I manage to define the dataset tag, but as soon as I try do populate the tag with the tag editor and I press either the Apply button or the Ok Button I loose all my work and the tag value in the Tag Browser switches to null instead of Dataset [18R x 2C] as expected.
Any idea?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

I don’t think you can populate it from the tag editor. Instead create a table with 2 columns and 18 rows as you desire with the first column being the ‘TASK’ integer column and the second column being the ‘DATETIME’ Date column. Once you get it all setup with the data you want, copy it into the table as described here: https://docs.inductiveautomation.com:8443/display/DOC/Array+and+Dataset+Tags

[quote]#retrieve the data on the table and store it a variable.
data = event.source.parent.getComponent(‘Table’).data

#write to the tag
system.tag.write(“Dataset”, data)[/quote]

Hi weertske,
thank you for your reply. I worked around the problem and I wrote my dataset programmatically. But I do think, that is an issue that Inductive Automation should solve: using the tag editor you can write any value you want in a dataset gateway tag, provided that no column is of Date type - that is somewhat weird!