Problem installing Ignition

I am having problems installing the Ignition 32 bit installer. I click to install and everything works fine for awhile but when it reaches maybe 95% it hangs up at Installing Ignition. It doesn’t freeze because the info about the program keeps scrolling. I have let it stand for awhile and it doesn’t move past that point. I am using windows xp and I am positive we have all the system requirements. Any suggestions to get the install to finish?

Are you using the latest installer 7.2.8? Is your machine 64 bit but you are installing 32? If you want you can download the following zip:

Ignition-build7.2.8-windows.zip

Unzip it in C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition. There are two batch files one to install an Ignition service and one to start Ignition. Hope this helps.

If that is supposed to be a link it isn’t working and yes I was using the latest install and I also tried the 64 bit and it stopped me saying it wasnt a win32 application

http://www.inductiveautomation.com/downloads/ignition

under the “Full System OS-Specific Binaries (contains all standard modules)” section

Thanks I will try it out and let you guys know

I unzipped it to the folder and tried to install and it told me files were already there so it failed. So then i tried the start ignition bat and the gatway service failed to start.

Trying to install:
WARN | wrapper | An encoding declaration is missing from the top of configura
tion file:
WARN | wrapper | C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\wrapper-lic
ense.conf
WARN | wrapper | trying the system encoding.
wrapper | Unable to install the Ignition Gateway service - The specified servic
e already exists. (0x431)
Press any key to continue . . .

Trying to start:
WARN | wrapper | An encoding declaration is missing from the top of configura
tion file:
WARN | wrapper | C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\wrapper-lic
ense.conf
WARN | wrapper | trying the system encoding.
wrapper | Starting the Ignition Gateway service…
wrapper | Waiting to start…
wrapper | The Ignition Gateway service was launched, but failed to start.
wrapper | Please check the log file more information: C:\Program Files\Inductiv
e Automation\Ignition\wrapper.log
Press any key to continue . . .

If anyone can help please go right at it lol

Did you take a look at the log file, as suggested in that output? (That is, “C:\Program Files\Inductiv
e Automation\Ignition\wrapper.log”) Of course, I know that it probably won’t make a ton of sense, but if you see an error printed out, posting that here could help.

I suspect it is one of two things:

1. Java isn’t installed correctly, or something is mixed up, and the service can’t find it.
  2. The port that Ignition uses by default is already in use, preventing it from starting.

#1 happens from time to time. This thread describes it. Since it’s a bit long, I’ll quote the main fix:

[quote]1) First, track down where java is installed. It should be somewhere like C:\Program Files\Java\jre[version number]
Since you’re using 64-bit, make sure it’s under “Program Files” and not “Program Files (x86)”.
2) Under that folder you’ll have a “bin” folder. This is where all the java programs are. Copy the full path to that folder.
3) Now locate the Ignition install directory. It will be in “Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition”. In might be in the “Program Files (x86)” folder, but don’t worry about that.
4) In the Ignition install directory, there is a file called “Ignition.conf”. Open that with notepad.
5) Towards the top you’ll see: wrapper.command.java=java
Change it to have the full path in there: wrapper.command.java=C:\Program Files\Java\jre[version]\bin\java

Now go to Services under Administration tools (Start>Control Panel>Administration Tools>Services). Find Ignition and start it. You should now be up and running. Once the service starts you can open a web browser and point it to localhost:8088
[/quote]

#2 and its fix are described in this post.

Let me know if neither of these seem to be the case.

Regards,

It was actually not working because we didn’t have the amount or ram to process it so we changed the amount from the 1024 to 512 mb and its workign fine now