Problem with passing paramenters in templates

Hi all,

I created a template using an UDT which contains several TAGs. I can open a pop up from this template using a button, so if I pass some TAGs of my UDT to the pop window I can read the TAGs, but when I write them the changes remains only in the pop up without changing the final TAG. The bidirectional flag is selected. If I make the same job passing the complete UDT, everything works properly. Is it normal?

Thank you
Bye
Orlando

I guess this depends on how the bindings are structured. Tags and tag values are very different things when it comes to writing. If you are passing the tag path and creating some binding in the pop up, there shouldn’t be a problem.

I presume the issue here is that you have a template bound to a UDT and when you pass the tags to the pop up window, you are actually only passing the current value.

Ignition is all about context so the pop up window only knows the context that it is given. If you only pass the value, the pop up cannot know where the value originated because it doesn’t have the context of the tag path.

TL;DR - Pass the tag path to the pop up instead of the value

I hope this helps!

1 Like

Hi,

I think that your explanation is the answer to my problem.

I tried using an indirect binding using the tag path and it works!

Thank you very much for your help. I think that this was my fault!

Bye
Orlando

1 Like