Problems connecting to an OPC UA server

Hello,
I am having problems connecting Ignition 7.9 to an OPC UA server with user authentication. I was able to connect ignition 8.1 because it gives me an option to accept certificates, but the 7.9 version does not ask me if I want to accept a certificate.

I tried importing my certificate but it did not work.

I connected another OPC UA clients without problems.
The error I get:

UaException: status=Bad_SecurityChecksFailed, message=An error occurred verifying security.
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.transport.uasc.UascClientAcknowledgeHandler.onError(UascClientAcknowledgeHandler.java:258)
at org.eclipse.milo.opcua.stack.client.transport.uasc.UascClientAcknowledgeHandler.decode(UascClientAcknowledgeHandler.java:167)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageCodec$1.decode(ByteToMessageCodec.java:42)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.decodeRemovalReentryProtection(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:502)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.callDecode(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:441)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageDecoder.channelRead(ByteToMessageDecoder.java:278)
at io.netty.handler.codec.ByteToMessageCodec.channelRead(ByteToMessageCodec.java:103)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:359)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:345)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.fireChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:337)
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline$HeadContext.channelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:1408)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:359)
at io.netty.channel.AbstractChannelHandlerContext.invokeChannelRead(AbstractChannelHandlerContext.java:345)
at io.netty.channel.DefaultChannelPipeline.fireChannelRead(DefaultChannelPipeline.java:930)
at io.netty.channel.nio.AbstractNioByteChannel$NioByteUnsafe.read(AbstractNioByteChannel.java:163)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKey(NioEventLoop.java:677)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeysOptimized(NioEventLoop.java:612)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.processSelectedKeys(NioEventLoop.java:529)
at io.netty.channel.nio.NioEventLoop.run(NioEventLoop.java:491)
at io.netty.util.concurrent.SingleThreadEventExecutor$5.run(SingleThreadEventExecutor.java:905)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
7.9.13 (b2019120915)
Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_191

Thank you!

Ignition 7.9 trusts all servers implicitly, there’s no need to do it yourself.

This error is the server rejecting the connection because it doesn’t trust the client certificate. You probably need to go into the server software and mark it as trusted somehow.

Hello Kevin,
We are planning on upgrade ignition to 8.1 which seems to have the option to allow certificates independently.
Thank you for your help!