Problems connecting to OPC Server

OPC Server is Standard Automation Universal Server. I can connect to it no problem using matrikon opc explorer. I go thru the setup and everything seems to go fine until I try and add a tag. when I try and browse down in the folders it gives me this error

com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayException: Gateway Error 500: COM object method returns error code: 0x80004005; E_FAIL (Unspecified error) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.newGatewayException(GatewayInterface.java:236) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:211) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.sendMessage(GatewayInterface.java:201) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.gateway_interface.GatewayInterface.invoke(GatewayInterface.java:587) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.designer.sqltags.opcbrowser.OPCFolderNode.loadChildren(OPCFolderNode.java:48) at com.inductiveautomation.ignition.client.util.gui.tree.AbstractAsynchronousTreeNode$Loader.run(AbstractAsynchronousTreeNode.java:65) at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask$Sync.innerRun(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.runTask(Unknown Source) at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source) at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source) Caused by: com.jniwrapper.win32.com.ComException: COM object method returns error code: 0x80004005; E_FAIL (Unspecified error) at com.jniwrapper.win32.com.impl.IUnknownImpl.invokeStandardVirtualMethod(SourceFile:744) at com.jniwrapper.win32.com.impl.IUnknownImpl.invokeStandardVirtualMethod(SourceFile:723) at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.interop.opcda.impl.IOPCItemPropertiesImpl.getItemProperties(IOPCItemPropertiesImpl.java:79) at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.browsing.BrowserDA2$BrowseJob2.getItemDataType(BrowserDA2.java:211) at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.browsing.BrowserDA2$BrowseJob2.browseItems(BrowserDA2.java:189) at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.browsing.BrowserDA2$BrowseJob2.internalRun(BrowserDA2.java:117) at com.inductiveautomation.opccom.wrapper.OleJob.run(OleJob.java:45) at com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread$ThreadSynchronizedAction.run(MessageLoopThread.java:566) at com.jniwrapper.win32.MessageLoopThread$LoopThread.run(MessageLoopThread.java:508)

First, what version of Ignition do you have? Second, does your OPC server connection in the Ignition Gateway configuration say it is CONNECTED?

If not we have a connection issue to the PLC?

If so, try to add a tag manually in the SQLTags browser by right clicking and selecting New -> OPC Tag. There you can select your OPC server and type in the full path (address) to your tag. This will let us know if it is a browsing problem or a problem all together.

Travis, I spoke with you on the phone about this. We found that the $ at the beginning of some of the tagnames that are internal to the OPC server was giving us problems. I got a email from you the other day stating that yall are working on the problem and expect to have it resolved in a upcoming update.