Problems restarting gateway

After restarting the server, Ignition is failing to start up. I am reading the post in the link below, but I am not sure I understand what to look for to see what's stopping the service from running.

That post is a decade old - it’s probably got lots of irrelevant or outdated info.

Start with this - go to the Ignition log directory (probably Program Files/Inductive Automation/Ignition/logs, if you’re on Windows) and open the wrapper.log file. Either post it here, or scan the end of it for an error message and post that here.

Or, contact support, if you’ve got a contract; the forum isn’t an official support venue.

Ok I will contact support from here on. Thanks.

Sorry I can’t post the error files (too large), but the issue ended up being that the sql jdbc’s dll file wasn’t working so authentication wasn’t working. We deleted the dll file (located in C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\lib) and pasted another one back in.

Hope this helps someone else who recently upgraded from 7.9 to 8 and has a probably starting Ignition gateway after a reboot.

1 Like