Problems with chart axis

I have a chart with the following dataset.

when it tries to graph I receive these two errors.

so i then change my x axis to a number axis and i receive this error.

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal type for X value: class java.lang.String (column ‘ColID’)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.components.chart.runtime.XYNumericDataSet.getXValue(XYNumericDataSet.java:182)
at org.jfree.data.general.DatasetUtilities.iterateDomainBounds(DatasetUtilities.java:699)
at org.jfree.data.general.DatasetUtilities.findDomainBounds(DatasetUtilities.java:642)
at org.jfree.chart.renderer.xy.AbstractXYItemRenderer.findDomainBounds(AbstractXYItemRenderer.java:721)
at org.jfree.chart.plot.XYPlot.getDataRange(XYPlot.java:4048)
at org.jfree.chart.axis.NumberAxis.autoAdjustRange(NumberAxis.java:426)
at org.jfree.chart.axis.NumberAxis.configure(NumberAxis.java:409)
at org.jfree.chart.plot.XYPlot.setDomainAxis(XYPlot.java:759)
at org.jfree.chart.plot.XYPlot.setDomainAxis(XYPlot.java:736)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.components.PMIChart.createXYChart(PMIChart.java:684)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.components.PMIChart.createChartImpl(PMIChart.java:481)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.components.chart.PMILineChartPanel.createChart(PMILineChartPanel.java:115)
at com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.designer.property.customizers.ChartCustomizer.tryCommit…

so it does not like being a category axis or a number axis. what is going on?

nevermind figured it out. forgot to change the properties of the chart. not in the chart customizer but in the component properties. needed to change the chart type to category chart and then the extract order to by row.