Problems with S7300

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”][quote=“chi”]
@Kevin: It would be great if we could select the ressource in the Ignition driver. In the connection request it’s the 3rd byte in the Called TSAP sequence.

c2 02 01 02 - PG (Programming device) c2 02 02 02 - OP (Operator panel) c2 02 03 02 - PC/Other [/quote]

Sometime soon I will try and handle this as well as the other couple Siemens driver requests that have popped up. :thumb_left:[/quote]

Is there any progress on this? :wink:

Sorry, no progress yet, but there IS a feature ticket being tracked for it… so there’s that.

Is this still in progress?

The ticket still exists… that’s about it.

If this gets addressed it will happen in Ignition 8. I’m hoping the Siemens driver gets a little attention in that release.

It’s tough to prioritize because going forward Siemens is using OPC UA directly on the controllers and even for the older ones they insist that their OPC server is the only supported way to communicate with them.

A linked item about Siemens S7 driver in case of redundant S7 PLC :

http://ideas.inductiveautomation.com/forums/255378-ignition-features-and-ideas/suggestions/18838396-add-system-device-setdeviceprops-function-to-chang

@mazeyrat Great ideas. I would vote, but I’m out of votes… :cry:
I think the number of votes is too small… and the ideas are very slow to process to get votes back.
So please, IA masters, increase the number of votes on the “Ignition Features and Ideas” portal. :point_up:

So please, IA masters, increase the number of votes on the "Ignition Features and Ideas" portal. :point_up:

You should make a feature request for that :wink:

I kid, I kid... yeah, we should probably up the vote count.