Problems with S7300

Hi,

I am trying connect the OPC UA Server with a S7 300.

Now this PLC is connected with an Kepware OPC DA Server in another Server. I have tried to disconnect this Da Server but the connection goes on “Disconnect”

I can´t connect with it and I get in the log the message that show the figure below

S7 driver Version → 1.5.0
Gateway version → 7.5.7

Thanks

It might help to go to the levels tab, search for the ConnectRequest, find the one associated with your device, and turn that to TRACE.

Without seeing any logs my guess is that you have an incorrect rack, slot, or PDU size configured.

I´ve copied the configuration of kepware.

Now I´ve installed a demo version of kepware and I can comunicate with the S7.

In relation of PDU size, how I could know this one? In kepware doesn´t appear this parameter.

I´ve upload the kepware configuration and the S7 driver configuration.

Thanks

Dang. You happen to know how to use Wireshark? If not you can call into support and they can help walk you through it…

What’s happening is that the PLC is closing the connection after receiving the connect request from Ignition’s Siemens driver. There’s no indication why, but generally it indicates that it doesn’t like something about it, which is why my first guess was the rack or slot number being incorrect.

If you could capture the network traffic between Kepware and the PLC I could probably figure out what the difference is and what part of the connect request Ignition sends that the PLC is objecting to…

I´ve installed wireshark and captured traffic but i don´t know exactly what diferences find.

I´ve checked the rack and slot numbre again and is like Kepware.

RAck = 0
slot = 2

You can upload the pcap file to this post or send it to support email and I’ll take a look at it. You just need to make sure you started the capture BEFORE Kepware connected so the connect packets are in the capture.

could you indicate the support email?

thanks

support@inductiveautomation.com

Try to change the link type in Kepware. Now you have PG. Try to change it to OP or PC.

With OP runs but not with PC.

Did you by chance mix up the packet captures?

The outbound packets I can see in the screenshots above aren’t matching the pcap you’ve got labelled as Ignition - they’re matching the one labeled as Kepware!

Hi,

if Kepware does not run with PC, Ignition will most probably also not work, as it always uses PC/Other as connection ressource. Also Ignition sends an invalid target SAP (didn’t cause problems so far, but who knows what siemens did…).
Is this by chance one of the newer Profinet CPU’s?

[quote=“Kevin.Herron”]Did you by chance mix up the packet captures?

The outbound packets I can see in the screenshots above aren’t matching the pcap you’ve got labelled as Ignition - they’re matching the one labeled as Kepware![/quote]

Perhaps in the file “kepware” you can see how to OPC UA Ignition communicate with anothers PLC. But the problem is with IP address 192.168.3.250.

if are not a valid captures, Say to me how to get exactly the captura to send you again

Who runs with OP? Ignition?

[quote=“chi”]Hi,

if Kepware does not run with PC, Ignition will most probably also not work, as it always uses PC/Other as connection ressource. Also Ignition sends an invalid target SAP (didn’t cause problems so far, but who knows what siemens did…).
Is this by chance one of the newer Profinet CPU’s?[/quote]

Now Ignition is connected with another two similar PLC (neither runs in PC mode with Kepware). I dont think is that the problem.

Who runs with OP? Ignition?[/quote]

kepware

Ignition can only use PC, apparently :slight_smile:

I had this problems once with a profinet CPU that used many connection ressources. In the standard config, there are resources reserved only for OP/PG connections, so PC/Other will fail first, if the CPU runs out of ressources. Depending on the CPU type, the ressource limit is 8 to 16 parallel connections if i remember right.
Do you have any other Ethernet communication running on this CPU?

@Kevin: It would be great if we could select the ressource in the Ignition driver. In the connection request it’s the 3rd byte in the Called TSAP sequence.

c2 02 01 02 - PG (Programming device)
c2 02 02 02 - OP (Operator panel)
c2 02 03 02 - PC/Other

[quote=“chi”]
@Kevin: It would be great if we could select the ressource in the Ignition driver. In the connection request it’s the 3rd byte in the Called TSAP sequence.

c2 02 01 02 - PG (Programming device) c2 02 02 02 - OP (Operator panel) c2 02 03 02 - PC/Other [/quote]

Sometime soon I will try and handle this as well as the other couple Siemens driver requests that have popped up. :thumb_left:

In the hardware configuration of the S7-300 PLC there is a setting for communications.

Default there is 1 connection for PG, 1 connection for OP and that’s it. That means that one PG (programming device) can be connected at once and one OP (operation panel).
If you want to use OPC servers, you must configure S7 basic communication.

I always use this configuration (even if I need so many or not), when I configure hardware configuration the first time. When at later time somebody wants to connect with OPC or something else to the PLC, I don’t need to change HW config.