Problems with the SDK

I’m getting some errors with the SDK. I’ve followed the Getting Started guide in the documentation but I see those errors:

After importing all the projects:

When I try to run the Ant Build in the Modbus Example:

How can I fix it?

It looks like the SFC projects are pointing to older, release candidate versions of the SDK libraries. You should be able to edit the dependencies for those projects to point to the newer versions of the jars in the IgnitionSDK folder.

I’d also suggest that if you’re just getting started, you instead check out the new set of example projects at github.com/inductiveautomation/ … k-examples, which use our new Maven-based SDK. We won’t be maintaining the downloadable ant-based SDK going forward.

Now I’m getting this when I try to run the Maven build with the goal set to package:

Failed to execute goal on project mde-build: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.inductiveautomation.ignition.examples:mde-build:jar:1.7.0: Failure to find com.inductiveautomation.ignition.examples:mde-gateway:jar:1.7.0 in nexus.inductiveautomation.com:80 … n-releases was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of releases has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

Without changing anything that was solved.

Now I’m getting this message:

] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:3.2:testCompile (default-testCompile) on project mde-gateway: Compilation failure
[ERROR] No compiler is provided in this environment. Perhaps you are running on a JRE rather than a JDK?
[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

I only have the JDK installed. How can I confirm if eclipse is using it?

[quote=“joaopmrod2”]
I only have the JDK installed. How can I confirm if eclipse is using it?[/quote]

I imagine you can find that out on Google, or if someone else knows they can chime in. It’s been years since I’ve used Eclipse.

I’m trying with NetBeans and I’m getting the same error again:

Failed to execute goal on project mde-build: Could not resolve dependencies for project com.inductiveautomation.ignition.examples:mde-build:jar:1.7.0: Failure to find com.inductiveautomation.ignition.examples:mde-gateway:jar:1.7.0 in nexus.inductiveautomation.com:80 … n-releases was cached in the local repository, resolution will not be reattempted until the update interval of releases has elapsed or updates are forced -> [Help 1]

How are you trying to build these?

When I run ‘mvn package’ in the ModbusDriverExample it builds successfully.

This is what I’m doing:

I get the same message when I try to do it from the powershell

You should be running ‘mvn package’ against the parent pom, not the pom in mde-build or mde-gateway.

Thanks!