Product count and gauge refresh rates

Hi There,

We have just installed our first OEE project and hit an issue where we were using a product counter where we should have used an accumulative counter for the OEE recording. As a result when the counter got reset during a run the total counts in the OEE module went mad.

The reason we were using an actual counter in place of a accumulative counter was due the fresh rate of the OEE module. Using the inbuilt tags the refresh is a minimum of 1min, this is way too slow for ppm gauges and product count. I understand that the update is 1 min due to the read rate / trigger on the database in the OEE module, increasing the read rate will result in a large amount of SQL data being stored.

The resolution of the OEE data is fine at 1 min, however we need a faster update on the product count and ppm, has anybody found a solution for this using an accumulative counter?

Thanks for any advice

Cheers
Ross

[quote=“Ross”]Hi There,

We have just installed our first OEE project and hit an issue where we were using a product counter where we should have used an accumulative counter for the OEE recording. As a result when the counter got reset during a run the total counts in the OEE module went mad.

The reason we were using an actual counter in place of a accumulative counter was due the fresh rate of the OEE module. Using the inbuilt tags the refresh is a minimum of 1min, this is way too slow for ppm gauges and product count. I understand that the update is 1 min due to the read rate / trigger on the database in the OEE module, increasing the read rate will result in a large amount of SQL data being stored.

The resolution of the OEE data is fine at 1 min, however we need a faster update on the product count and ppm, has anybody found a solution for this using an accumulative counter?

Thanks for any advice

Cheers
Ross[/quote]

Look as I have the same issue, and lack of response on forum is a concern.