Production simulator Module for Linux

[size=150]I’m using Ubuntu 14.04 and would like to request that the [color=#0040BF]Production Simulator Module[/color] be made available on the [color=#0000BF]Linux[/color] operating platform.

I tried to enter this on the feature request page, but I get this:[/size]

[size=150]Thanks! :thumb_left: [/size]

Hmm. That’s an interesting question. One, I am sorry to say, I lack the intelligence to answer. Perhaps there is a member of this forum who is smart enough to know this elementary piece of trivia? I don’t know though… Is it feasible that such a genius exists who frequents this particular forum? I fear no one here possesses the mental acuity to answer such a difficult question. You may have to look elsewhere so that you may find an intellect capable of grasping the underlying concepts before you’ll even have a chance of finding one who can articulate the complexities of what must be done to solve the issue at hand.

Good luck finding someone smart enough to answer your question!

Perhaps if you had put this in the General forums instead of tucking it away in the MES forum-- since this is talking about a website problem-- you may have gotten a response. I know I, for one, don’t generally frequent the MES forums, since I had already written my own MES requirements (this was pre-MES package), and currently have no need for it.

Perhaps I could have asked what you have done so far, like:
–Clearing the browser cache
–Pinging the website
–Reporting the problem at https://www.inductiveautomation.com/website-help/report-broken-link-or-error where such things should usually go.

I may have even told you that pinging it should resolve to http://inductiveautomation.uservoice.com

I may have even gone so far as to remind you that the vast majority of forum members you see here are users. Just like you. With jobs and a ton of stuff that has nothing to do with Ignition. As such, although we’re willing to help where we can, we’re not obligated to do so.

I could have even waxed philosophical and remarked that we’re imperfect people in an imperfect world, and things invariably will fall through the cracks, despite our best efforts. Something everyone can relate to.

But I won’t do any of that. :wink:

The meat of the issue was the MES production simulator module feature request which, as you kindly pointed out in another thread, was already included in the module. The webpage error merely kept me from submitting the feature request in the proper location, which is why I chose to post it here. I'll refrain from doing so in the future now that I know everything should go into General.

I'll admit, my post ending with:

...was a clever, clever ruse, for which I owe you an apology. It was intended as a sort of trap, to lure in those with confidence in their own intellectual ability, and trick them into solving my unanswered query.

It’s not that I thought the forum staff lacked any mental acuity, quite the opposite in fact. I supposed that the delay in response was due to the trivial, if not downright boring nature of my question.

I felt it was necessary to add to the perceived value of my issue by insinuating that it was incredibly difficult, and would take a keen mind to figure out. Well, at least until they actually read the original post... Hopefully, anyone who reaches this point will be slightly more amused than annoyed and respond.

Forgive me, for I was desperate.

Hey, man, I’m your buddy, I’m your pal! Fuh-get about it! :laughing: And please take my response in the same tongue-in-cheek manner I perceived yours to be. Subtler nuances are sometimes hard to get through written word.

Seriously though, if there’s a problem that your having with the MES module, then by all means, post it here. This particular problem though, is with the website. CloudFare handles Uservoice, not just for IA, but for a bunch of companies and organizations. It was just seeming-- at first blush-- that the issue was at the CloudFare site, unless you had a cached-page thing going on.

Is it working now, or are you still having issues at the website? While your ‘root’ issue seems to be taken care of (I hope), you may think of other feature requests and have to use the CloudFare site. :wink:

I came up with a new feature request just for you so I could test CloudFlare and it seems to be working perfectly now!

Thanks! :smiley:

P.S. Please forgive the spelling/grammatical errors I don’t see any way to edit a feature request submission after it’s been submitted.