Program From 7.8.1 to 7.6.7

Hey folks,

Rookie move here. Developed several windows for a client in 7.8.1, client is running 7.6.7. Upgrading client is not an option for the time being.

I’m wondering if there is any way to import the windows into 7.6.7. I’ve tried a handful of things, as of yet I’ve had no luck. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Andrew

AIO

OK so this is a fudge, it can be done but anything that’s incompatible between the two versions could cause you big problems.

I would export each page as a separate partial project and then for each do the following

open the file in a text editor and look at the first few lines

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <project> <version> <major>7</major> <minor>7</minor> <rev>4</rev> <build>2015033012</build> </version>

modify the major, minor, rev and build to suite, save and try it.

this is at your own risk. its useful if like me you have various versions out in the field and you forget, spend all day on a page and then realise is a newer version. :blush:

Thank you!

In the end, I copied the contents of a window in 7.8.1 and pasted it into notepad (creating an xml). I would then move that notepad file to the pc with 7.6.7 and copy the contents of the xml into the ignition window I wished to populate. Any troublesome code would be cited in the error box. Edit that and try again. In the end, found that the navigation buttons were the only thing that I had major compatibility issues with (for whatever reason), and managed to migrate them in good time. After populating the windows it was just a matter of repositioning components.