Programmatically Reset/Refresh a Device Connection

I currently have an issue with one of the devices that Ignition is connected to. It is a Shark Power Meter. The communication is through the TCP Module. Every now and then the connection to this meter goes stale causing all the tags to have a Bad quality. To fix this I go into the Gateway Configuration page and disable then re-enable the connection to this device. Once I do this it works fine (usually for months). I have set up a text alert that goes out to myself when this connection goes stale, but I would like to take it one step further. I would like to be able to have a Gateway Script that will automatically reset the connection to this device. Is this possible? If not, would it be possible for a feature request? A lot of times when this connection goes stale it is during inopportune times where I can’t get to a computer immediately to reset it and this results in a loss of data. Appreciate any feedback.

Thanks,
-Will

Hi

I use the IA Labs scripting module to show all devices on a screen and have the ability to enable/disable them from this screen. It may be able to do what you want. The one you will need is

Aidan