I just inherited a project which was built back in 2012 on Ignition 7.3. I have setup a new server with v7.7.2 and transferred the project over. While looking through the data, I noticed that there are over 35,000 tag IDs listed in the sqlth_te table. There should only be about 550 active tags, and I’d like to cleanup all of the extra, non-relevant tags. I’m weary of a cleanup of that many records, and am trying to determine if there is a way to run a database query, or a search in the project to determine if any of these tags are still being referenced.
All of the tags were setup using Ignition as an internal tag provider, but the name of the tag database has been changed a few times, so there are multiple references to the same set of active tags. I’d also like to clean this up, and am open to suggestions of the best way to do this.
Thanks for your input.