Project Default location

Could anyone please let me know where are all the projects stored by default in the system?

All data is stored in an SQLite DB, usually in the Ignition\data\db directory where you installed Ignition.

Thank you, but cannot see any project files (.pro) in Igintion\data\db directory

They aren’t in separate files. They are encoded and stored in the SQLite database, config.idb. The content is not really inspectable outside of Ignition itself.

Thank you for the information. If I want to copy a project from one system to another, should I be using export feature?.

Yes, that’s a great use for the export feature.

Sorry to resurrect this thread but we have an auto-backup software(versiondog/octoplant) at work that we use primarily to back up all PLCs and Robots in the plant on a schedule. Was looking into how to do the same for all the Ignition gateways but i'm having a hard time understanding where the project files are actually stored in the gateway. I found the config.idb file on the gateway in C:\Program Files\Inductive Automation\Ignition\data\db. Do you know if this file can be used to restore the project?

you should use this
https://docs.inductiveautomation.com/display/DOC81/Gateway+Settings#GatewaySettings-ScheduledBackups

4 Likes