Project library issue

I am not sure how to troubleshoot this issue. The gist is I am able to invoke classes stored in the project library from script console but when I put the same scripts into the on change event of a indirect tag pointing at opc successful demand poll timestamp I get global reference errors that the name does not exist.

How would I be able to invoke the project library script from console but not in the on change script if the name does not exists.

The only thing I have not tried is tesarting gateway. Any idea on how to troubleshoot further?

I have other project scrips getting invoked the same way (on change event of ref tag pointing at last success poll tag) for a different database interaction and they are not having issues :thinking:

Tag change scripts are gateway scoped, so it can access only the gateway scripting project scripts.

But Indirect tag binding change script written inside a project should be able to access the project library scripts.

Please provide the error and implementation screenshots.

I would not replace tag change scripts by value change scripts on tag bindings: If multiple sessions have that page opened, the script will be executed once for each session, AND it would require that at least one page is opened for the script to run.

Gateway events would be the place to put this, if you can't/don't want to put your classes/scripts in the gateway scripting project.

3 Likes

I think it was a scoping issue. I moved all the project library references to message handler and it will now pass messages.