Project missing after Gateway backup/restore

Steps taken:

• Took gateway backup
  • Restored previous backup
  • Restored most recent backup

Result:
One of the projects is now missing from the Perspective Projects on the gateway. It still shows up in the projects list and in the designer similar to a previous post ([Bug-12042] Perspective Project Missing From Launcher).

The main issue though is not that the project doesn’t appear in the Perspective Projects, it’s that when opening the project in the designer and then opening trying to open one of the views gives an error (shown in the image below).

Additionally, I get a 404 error when trying to launch the client.

I’ve tried restoring many other backups and they all had the project on it except for this last, most recent one.

Capture2

We’re looking into this, it seems related to the null view.json and other similar issues being reported.

I did have a null view.json file when I took the backup - that was actually the reason I reverted to an older backup in the first place, so they may indeed be related.

I also think I may be able to replicate the null view.json file. Just now I restarted the gateway using the gwcmd -r command while the designer was still opened. I closed the designer but was prompted to save some views and even though I had saved everything before I restarted the gateway I clicked save anyway. I’m pretty sure at that point the designer wasn’t able to load the project so I would expect that saving those views at that point was what corrupted them.

This issue should be fixed in the latest build. Please let us know if you continue to see this behavior after upgrading.

2 Likes