Project Properties - Uncaught .class file

We upgraded our Ignition Software to the latest and now I can not modify my project’s properties. I get a “Uncaught Unsupported Class Version Error: Bad version number in .class file”. Has anyone seen this or know how to fix it?

Thanks!

No, we haven’t seen this, but you need to post more of the error for us to be able to track it down. If the pop-up box gives you the option to send the error to us, that will work, otherwise go to Help>Diagnostics>Console and copy everything there into a text file.

If the error is on the gateway, sending us the “wrapper.log” file in the install directory should work.

Attach the files here or send them to support@inductiveautomation.com

Regards,

I did both. Send error and here’s my console dump:

[quote]ERROR [ErrorUtilAWTExceptionHandler-AWT-EventQueue-0] Uncaught UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: Bad version number in .class file
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method)
at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(Unknown Source)
at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(Unknown Source)
at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(Unknown Source)
[snip][/quote]

Thanks. We did actually get an error report similar to this recently, we’ll look into it tomorrow.

Regards,

This was due to a build system error on our end compiling part of the mobile module against Java 6. It would only show up if you run the Designer under Java 5 - does this sound accurate to what you’re observing? Try running the Designer in Java 6 and see if the error occurs.

We’ve fixed this for the next release.

How do I select which Java the Designer runs?

Here are my Versions:

Ignition Platform: 7.2.3
SQL Bridge module: 5.2.3
Vision module: 4.2.3
Mobile module: 1.2.3 (trial)
Reporting Module: 1.2.3
Java Version: Sun Microsystems inc. 1.5.0_14

Right, so your Java is version 5. You may not have 6 installed. If you go install it (java.com), it should update everything automatically. Try that, and see if you still run into problems.

Regards,