Project screenshots - share yours

Dude your projects are ridiculously awesome

1 Like

Must be a newer version thing, all my pipes automatically go in that folder

My main question is how does a popup stay open when a page changes?
I will ask in another spot. Probably I am getting off topic.

Becasue I have to cut vidoe footage for the drawing line in page to make video total time under 4 min.
I think drawing a line is not important to show instead I wanted to to make viewer attention to P&ID object and how it is easy quser can see them in search engine after saving the view.
It is very hard to make a short video to address very important topic.

3 Likes

Hi,
Same has shabir.ahmed, i like your project and i want to do something like you.
initially, i want to add code and fingerprint authentication to my system. I don't really know what hardware to use and how to interface it with Ignition (through API, DB,..).
Can you tell me a little more about the architecture you put in place.
Thank you in advance for your help

Hi,

This seems interesting, but I'm afraid this kind of solution is in violation of the RGPD...

Wow I had no idea about the pipes all this time! This is going to save me so much development time as I used Symbol Factory graphics and individually animated them to show pipe flow in some of my systems! Thank you so much!!

1 Like

My advice is to use Perspective Pipeline only when your HMI has a small amount of pipeline.
For a bigger one use SVG and put it in the background.

8 Likes

I second this!! They're a nightmare for anything other than simple layouts. With no keyboard movement and an abundance of snap anchors, it's literally impossible to get your pipes in the right places for anything more than simple designs (and even then it proves difficult at times)

Animating pipes would be difficult as well, as creating the sections you would need to be able to do this, for example for t sections, would look disjointed as to support independent pipework crossing over each other, they show a gap in the pipes underneath them. This doesn't play nicely when you have independent pipes that you do want to have overlap.

That said, I wouldn't use the symbol factory pipes as these are simply independent SVGs that will not scale well together; I would be using labels with borders

3 Likes

@nminchin Those are all really good details to know, so thank you for chiming in! I’m still fairly new to Ignition so probably have a lot of inefficient ways of doing things.

I might try to eventually share some of my work on here, but for now I’ll just watch and learn from all the experts on here. I’ve been getting really inspired by the work I’ve been seeing here the last couple days. :grin:

What kind of chart is that for the grid production??!

We monitor the status of our production machines using a "dashboard" card display:

The colors indicate status of maintenance (requested, in progress, completed), and the pie charts make it easy to see a breakdown of the various issues that the machines are having:

We also track the duration of various events by machine/shift:

7 Likes

I'm kind of disappointed there's no leprechaun pot of gold at the bottom of that status screen.

14 Likes

I like the maintenance issues summary! Easy way to see what machines are performing poorly.

What does the Gage Events page show? Green is machine running happily? anything else is "bad"?

No, the colors are just assigned to different event types, like green means the machine is in "auto mode" (running, basically), or purple is "locked" (an error stopped production). The length of the bars on the left indicate the total duration of such events, with the table on the right itemizing each individual event.

Maintenance Summary is nice, are these points generated from alarms or do your operators input the maintenance tickets?

They CAN create tickets manually, but most of the tickets are generated when a supervisor scans a barcode badge at the machine, which triggers a Value Changed script on an Ignition Tag.

1 Like

I like the implementation, but the color palette would fail for most of the installs we are doing now. Everyone wants High Performance. White, Black, Gray, and shades of Blue.

4 Likes

I find the exact opposite. I would say < 5% of the customers I have been working for want "high performance" color schemes.

It's probably more common in specific industries.

Probably because they don't understand the importance and benefit of the philosophy. Bright colours everywhere serves no purpose to the operator except to distract them from what's important, same with screens with lots and lots of data presented, but all without context

5 Likes