Project screenshots - share yours

I appreciate your interest! The custom module I've developed is quite versatile, with one of its capabilities being the neat alignment and formatting for print and PDF conversion that you've seen. This functionality is just one aspect of the many features the module is equipped to handle, each designed to enhance applications like this one.

That is amazing work! You've inspired me to dive into the custom module. Thanks for the info and I hope to see more projects from you for inspiration.

1 Like

The "Insights" popup has a transparent background. How did you manage that?

In Ignition, all popups have the class "popup ia_popup," which you can select and customize. To make the background transparent, you can pass a style parameter either through the main stylesheet.css or directly within the main folder as preferred.

2 Likes

Note the div's id is popup-something, where something is the id you gave to your popup, so you can even target a specific popup with this.

1 Like

It's hard for me to share much of what I'm working on because of NDAs but here's an out of context animated machine SVG I'm working on for someone. It's going to be a Perspective Edge station that controls a packaging line.

This is a draft of the SVG which I will be improving after I've actually seen the machine so I can draw it properly.

You can see a video of this particular machine on youtube searching for "Bosch TSC-030"

6 Likes

@Steve_Laubach's simple (relative to some of the others anyway) example gave me the confidence to post my own small screencap:

CleanShot 2024-05-02 at 15.57.49

This demonstrates "isolated" interaction between primary view and docks across multiple instances of the same url, accomplished with only two views, a single 1-liner property change script and some bindings.

EDIT: the use case for this POC was the need for a dynamic/responsive navigation bar and header based on interaction with the primary view without affecting other instances of the same url

Achieving this behavior is surprisingly non-straightforward (at least it wasn't for me - I'm sure it's probably obvious to some of y'all). I'm very much interested in any feedback or alternative methods. Could even be a little challenge if anyone wanted to try and duplicate!

of course, let me know if this isn't the proper "forum" for this kind of thing.

Designer Screenshots

CleanShot 2024-05-02 at 15.31.14

2 Likes

I view this thread as a place to share ideas of ways to design things and solve problems. Ignition is a flexible foundation and there's multiple ways to do things. I could only share a small piece of an actual project because of NDA so I just illustrated the idea of using CSS to animate part of a custom embedded SVG. It's an OEM machine so it's generic.

As for what you're doing. You're illustrating using docked windows to manipulate things in other windows. There's a lot of ways to skin that cat and it's mostly a matter of preference which one you choose.

I usually use message handlers to send data between views. You can also use custom session properties. I typically try to design my popups to handle anything they need from passed in parameters so I'm talking about approaches to send data between docked or embedded views.

2 Likes

If you want to have docks and page main views coordinate, but managing session props is too much trouble, you might like my Integration Toolkit's pageVarMap() expression and scripting functions. They are designed for exactly this purpose.

2 Likes

5 Likes

Is this the one that's tracking pins on a map dynamically?

This one trancks workers in danger jobs from a Named Query, still working on the status part.

I like it. It's good to bring geomap capabilities into SCADA systems.

For status you probably need to have your query return the geo coordinates and dynamically build the map pins in a script transform.

In case you didn't know, you can copy/paste the pin information to see what the JSON structure is (paste it into a text editor). Then you can populate the pins in a script transform.

So basically, your query will pull in the raw data. Then you will loop through the raw data forming the JSON structure for all your map pins. It's super powerful once you get the hang of it.

2 Likes

TRansistor help a lot with this, thank you.

3 Likes

Convert Siemens PLC Tags to JSON Format on Ignition Exchange

Ignition Exchange | Inductive Automation

5 Likes

Nice!

My first Ignition Exchange resource was just published. It's an animated SVG for CompactLogix 5069 IO.

It's all custom (I drew the SVG in Inkscape)

4 Likes

I saw this resource - looks beautiful! I don't work on HMI-type screens, so I usually don't follow the High Performance principles (as much as I do proper web design principles), so I have no problem with dropping this into a view, even if it'll be used by a supervisor out on the floor.

I like this very much.
Maybe you can include screen for the Vision also...?

2 Likes

Thank you! I appreciate the suggestion. Maybe one day, I'll update it with a Vision screen. :blush: :heart:

I noticed that there is no support for 'STRING' type in data blocks...?