Project screenshots - share yours

Like at the 5 second marker in your video. when you hoover your mouse over your house. The values kind of appear in a spinning fashion.

1 Like

Oh Ok, I use transition css3 command on them for both rotate and size.
What I know until know if you know web development you can do any thing in prospective.
This is why i start to learn css3 and js.

2 Likes

I guess css3 is my next project then :slight_smile:

Awesome

1 Like

Any chance you can copy the css in for this? I haven't started using Perspective yet, but always good to have some starting points!

Also, fantastic artwork as always!

4 Likes

Dude, Nice!

So much inspiration here for me. Currently learning Node Red as well. Is this your home? Did you purchase your own license? I am building a house and going to be doing a lot of this kind of stuff. However, I am not allowed to finance a home automation software/server, because of the terms of my construction loan. So I have to pay out of pocket.

I wonder if…IA would offer a discounted rate for this?

My house is having dampeners in duct-work. Solar, Automatic Blinds, Integrated security and whatever else I can swing.

1 Like

Wouldn't hurt to ask your sales agent.... (:

All I can say at this point is uh… stay tuned in the coming months. There is something cool happening in this area.

15 Likes

There will be perspective available in ignition edge. It’s cheat but you can still run trial version and each time you want to see your home reset trial period and have fun.

Some new announcement before ICC2020!

It will be very helpful for us to know how we have done it, if you can do a tutorial or share your project. thanks

:laughing: Had to laugh at this. I don't know how much time was put into that project, but I suspect that it wasn't a couple of hours :wink:

4 Likes

not the whole project, but some things, for example some of the buttons it uses.
I would like to program this type of components but I can’t find much information

Pssst! Nader is an Integrator... you can engage his services. And learn along the way. :smiley:

10 Likes

This is pretty boring, but the project I want to share is under an NDA so… Here’s the trend window I made.

The pen editor popup is basically a copy of the one from the designer, including the little preview chart :grin:. The user can also edit the tag display options for multiple tags at once, with a few exceptions (name, colour, maybe some others).
I added some extra buttons to the right of the chart to do common things like turn on xtrace, reset zoom, etc.

Users can also save their trends to a sql table, and trends can be preconfigured and disabled from being deleted by operators. You can also pass a couple params to the window, area and trend name, to preload an existing trend config.

Next improvement will be to add ability to edit axes, but at the moment I check the tags’ EngUnit properties and add axes for each discrete unit type, ranging it using the overall min/Max of all tags of that unit. Digitals are added to their own pane and default to using the dig offset

9 Likes

Totally off topic @nminchin, but can’t help but notice the Penfolds logo. Great to see winemakers using Ignition in Aus. Big fan of their Bin 389 Cab/Shiraz, and though have still yet to buy some Grange, hear great things.

Project looks clean, nice work!

2 Likes

I’ve heard great things about Grange (in fact there’s a winery management system here in Aus with its name) but it’s far beyond what my pay can afford!! :laughing: Bin 389 is a fantastic drop (and far more affordable for us plebs :slight_smile: - although still reserved for special occasions)!

I’m not sure if Treasury (owners of Penfolds) were the first winery group in Aus to go to Ignition - it’s certainly one of the largest! We approached them a few years back now to convert over one of their wineries to Ignition, starting with a small pilot project that we actually did free of charge as we were so certain Ignition was a great fit for. They haven’t looked back since and we have been working our way to convert over the rest of their wineries as well. Certainly from an engineering perspective, Ignition is leaps and bounds ahead of what the previous SCADA could offer in functionality and ease of development (and really, everything else!).

2 Likes

Ignition Maker Edition!!

3 Likes

Can you use JS in Ignition? I wasn't sure that was possible? :thinking:

Also, does anyone know if CSS preprocessors like Sass and LESS are available? Or are these not that useful for Perspective? (I'm only just starting to learn CSS/HTML5 and haven't really touched much of Perspective yet... so my question might have an obvious answer to some)

3 Likes

Sass/less and JS knowledge would only really apply if you’re making a module; all you have to provide Perspective is React component(s).