Project updates

I am receiving the project update available banner popping up on clients when no update has been published and the designer has not even been opened. What could cause this?

Ignition 7.9.1

If you enable the client console (Help → Diagnostics, or Ctrl + Shift + F7) you should see a message with some indication of what triggered the client update; something like:
11:39:50.330 [AWT-EventQueue-2] INFO com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientPanel - Received project change notification: notificationMode=PUSH, updateMessage=ProjectUpdated(editCount=3085, uuid=561196fa-5d3e-bcad-a216-567792d2aa89)

If you then go to the gateway webpage, then Configure → System → Projects, choose ‘Details’ on your project, you should see edit number from the client update reflected.

If you’re seeing global resources/the ‘global’ project as the source of the changes, then you might have some other user triggering changes by saving a global resource on another designer session. There is a minor issue regarding scoping of these global changes that’s still currently active.

1 Like

Still unclear what is causing these. Here is what shows up in the client console. There is no entry on the gateway under Configure -> System -> Projects -> Details

02:00:09.314 [AWT-EventQueue-2] INFO com.inductiveautomation.factorypmi.application.runtime.ClientPanel - Received script module change notification: notificationMode=NOTIFY, updateMessage=null

Sounds like someone’s editing shared scripts, which would fall into the bug I mentioned earlier about invalid scoping for project change updates.

Unfortunately, there aren’t any workaround solutions to this problem at the moment.

Thanks Paul. I am the only user of this Ignition server so there are no edits being made here. Is it possible that this notification is triggered by edits from other Ignition servers on our WAN?