Prolong Mouse Over Text Time

We use “Mouse Over Text” Property in one of our projects which show “Tool Tip” for the clients regarding the component.

Our client finds it too quick for the Mouse Over Text to just pop up for 5 seconds and then disappear. Is there any way to make the Mouse Over Text stays longer?

I don’t think so. I’ve had similar needs before, especially in really complex windows. The solution I chose was to dedicate a corner of the screen for a label to display tooltips indefinitely, triggered by mouse enter, move, and exit. I put the code in templates to minimize the repetition. Anyways, works similar to the way browsers will show a URL destination in the corner of the screen when hovering over a link.

Yes, it is possible. See this code:from javax.swing import ToolTipManager tipManager = ToolTipManager.sharedInstance() tipManager.setDismissDelay(15000) That sets all tool tips to display for 15 seconds as long as the mouse is hovered over a component.

Best,

Hi nmudge,

Thanks! Will try that out! :smiley:

@pturmel: thanks for the response and the alternative approach!

Where do you put this script?

Put it in a client startup script so it only runs once, although it doesn’t really matter.

1 Like

Is there a way to configure the tooltip event inside a components view with the goal to to display tooltips everywhere this view is embedded(locationwise as well)? I’ve been assigning the title for a pop up as {/root.meta.name} but when I test it after I ve named the component on the embedded page it is used it only just shows “root” instead of the actual name I have changed it to. any ideas?

Any ideas?

Many Thanks