Property Binding Based On Whether an Active Alarm Exists Within a Subset of Alarms

I made Ignition Vision UDT's for my different device types which exist in the system (e.g. motor, photoeye, etc.). These UDT's have tags that pull their values from the PLC. There are alarms associated with some of these tags (e.g. Photoeye Jam, Motor Fault, etc.). I them made tags instances of these UDT's for each motor and photoeye in my system. These are illustrated on my different screens using motor and photoeye templates that use the tag instances as parameters used for animation.

What I need to do now is make my screen navigation buttons flash red when a device illustrated on that particular screen is in an active alarm state. I understand I'll have to add a property to the tag/alarm which I will have to manually enter to indicate which screen each tag is associated with, but once I do that, how can I bind animation to the existence of an active alarm of a certain type or area?

Typically, alarm states are bools within the UDT that come from conditions in the PLC, so your component's custom property will be a bool that is simply bound to the tag value:

The animations are then often handled with the style customizer using the custom property as the driving factor for the animation:

However, I don't always do it this way. If there are potentially a lot of flashing components on the screen, I will use an expression binding, so the fault state has to be present and a blinking tag value has to be true. Then, I let the combined properties drive the color instead of the customizer's built in animation. This way everything on the screen flashes synchronously.