Published Project Can't Find Shared Script Function

Hey all,

Has anyone ever seen a situation where a python function was created in the shared space and works perfectly fine in the staging version of the project but when used in the published version an “object has no attribute” error comes up?

I’ve published the project numerous times, changed some things (like documentation in the function, layout, etc…) and republished, deleted the Ignition cache on the client machine, everything I could think of and still on the published version the client can’t find the function. I can use that function in the staging version of the project all day long. It’s driving me nuts!

[code]Traceback (most recent call last):

File “event:internalFrameActivated”, line 7, in

AttributeError: ‘com.inductiveautomation.ignition.common.script.Scr’ object has no attribute ‘updateTreeView’

Ignition v7.7.5 (b2015071516)
Java: Oracle Corporation 1.8.0_60
[/code]

we are having the same exact problem. just started a couple hours ago and it is Saturday there was no development going on.

seems to be if it was working and you clear the cache then the project will have the problem.

Did you ever find a solution?

Thank you,

Yeah, I did. I found that the last time I published the project for some reason it didn’t publish the global scripts. I had to pick the “Publish Selected” option from the file menu and then check the global script module that wasn’t published and publish it. That’s happened a couple of times now and I can’t figure out why sometimes when I hit the publish button it publishes everything and sometimes it doesn’t.

I’m on version 7.7.5 and don’t have the option to publish selected.

Usually by messing around with the scripts and making changes and having someone else publish the project we’ve been able to get the changes published but I am stuck now. I haven;t been able to get my latest changes published no matter what I’ve tried.

Has anyone else found another solution to this problem/bug?

Oh, I do remember now what the issue was.

There was a problem with the python script and it would not allow the shared module to publish because it wouldn’t compile correctly. There was no indication of this, I think I figured out the problem by copying that code and putting it into the script playground to fool around with it.

Hi everyone,

Did anyone ever got a solution for this? And not just a work around?
What’s happening with our project is whenever we do publish project and global, the shared script called on a project script are not found. But when I do publish with just Project, it will be found again.

Thanks!