Pulling tags from S7-1200 PLC

I have a S7-1200 PLC on our work network, which doesn't have optimized data blocks on, Full Access on the access level, and Permit access with PUT/GET is on. All the DBs are global and I really am only trying to pull binary tags. I cant even pull inputs and outputs. I originally was able to pull the tags, then some changes were made in the program a while ago and now I get BAD quality tags on Ignition. Is there anything that I am missing that I can try to get this working again. Here are some images from the current setup in the program and Ignition.

Do you have tags that reference beyond the end of the datablock they are in, after the mentioned changes? If so, that will break all Ignition references to the whole data block.

Consider disabling all but one tag that points at this PLC and see if you can get any single reference to work. Then, if you can, re-enabled tags in batches to find the broken one(s). If not, you probably need a packet capture.

I disabled all the tag references and tried a few that I knew were correct. They still were Bad quality.

I checked the log on the gateway and saw the error "Error reading S7ReadResponse. Error code = 8104." on that tag that I was testing with.

It turns out when I changed the GET/PUT settings, I never updated the hardware settings on the PLC (only software). I just updated the hardware and it works properly now.

Thank you!

1 Like

you should uncheck "optimized block access" and then compile the db please.